Being that I”m from Canada, but now living in the U.S. I still like to keep check on what is going on in the Great White North.
And there really are plenty of creative designers there.
I recently came across Jessica Kelly. Her style is soothing because of the neutral palette.
Jessica shared some tips to achieve her look in Style at Home Magazine.
1. Don’t restrict yourself to small furniture in small spaces.
2. Break Tradition. You don’t have to use a traditional dining table in a dining room space. If you entertain frequently, a bar height table would work well.
3. Push Boundaries. Wallpapered feature walls add pop. If you aren’t comfortable with making bold choices, flip through design mags and blogs to see what looks good.
4. Mix Styles: Pair feminine features with clean lined masculine.
5. Choose wisely. Just pick a few statement pieces and keep everything else simple.